Friday, November 16, 2012

Baking Obsession

As you all know, I have got a huge passion in baking and cooking which started way back when I was in primary..maybe it's in the genes !! ( my mom loves to bake as well).I would also like to have my own bakery in future. I have attended numerous workshops and courses here in Malaysia. I have also attained a certificate in Cake Decoration (1). Two more to go. Six months ago before I started college, I got to learn more about baking and experienced different recipes. I enjoy pampering my loved once to a treat of my baking or cooking recipes and seeing their satisfied faces gives me a sense of contentment and joy.


Well getting back to the topic,the main purpose for the blog post is about a book that made baking easier for me. This book can never be found in bookstores. It's one of  a kind. You only can get this at certain bakery supplies.In this Course 1 (Decorating Basics), it taught me the easiest and best way to learn cake decorating.The thing about this book is its prepared and presented with great expertise and in detail. The method was shown step by step, how amazing is that. After trying out this book , I quickly signed up for the course. The course was about a month. 


What I learned from the book to be specific :
-How to fill and hold a decorating bag ( very important ! )
-Decorating bag pressure control
-Icing consistency
-Dimensional Decorating
-Drop Flower
-Pompom Flower
-Shell
-Shaggy Mum
 -Ribbon Rose
 -Rosette
-Printing and writing on a cake.


Not to forget , the decorating basics student kit-by Wilton was also given in a box together with the book. 

Kit includes : 
-12 decorating tips
-4 standard couplers
-Two reusable decorating bag
-6 disposable decorating bags
-6 parchment triangles
-flower nail and cupcake nail.
-decorator brush
-12 flower template stickers
-9 inch spatula
-practice board


Cake decorating was something I always admired, but was never able to do. Now I can :) 






This is the outcome of my cakes and cupcakes. More to come, stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment