Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Wish Upon A Star

Everyone has a dream they want to pursue in life.Ever since you are a little child you grow up to have a dream in which you are focused on and set goals in order to make it come true. It may feel like its a fairy tale in which we live day by day until the day we achieve it. Basically, I have a song with my own voice, being a singer that can be known by many people out there, that's my dream ever since I was a kid. Being a SINGER it is. 

How do I reach my dream ? 

Well, I am currently going for vocal classes to improve my singing voice. There's a lot more to singing than just being able to match pitches and sing words at the same time.By, attending vocal classes, it taught me how to use the proper breathing support, how to shape my vowels, and how to keep my voice healthy. Keeping it healthy is one hard thing, I am not allowed to drink coffee , iced water , and alcohol drinks in order to keep my voice healthy. It really made a huge difference in my tone quality and my ability to project sound that helped me in my struggling while singing. I can say I am improving.  

Yes,my dream is to be a singer , but at first my mom was 100% against it. She was hard core against it. On the other side,my dad was very supportive of the fact that I loved singing because he was also head over heels in love with music back then when he was young.However,it has been my life time dream and goal to become a singer and to perform in front of thousands and thousands of people.Just that feeling is amazing for me.When time passed by my mom started realizing that I actually have it in me.She finally got to see the confidence in me when it come to singing so she began to support me even more now. I started off performing in school and I have also won several state competitions. One of my biggest achievement was during a concert held in Kuala Lumpur.It was organised by my Music Academy, they had a singing competition. A few of them were selected for the competition. Surprisingly, I was one of them and I could not believe that I actually made it to the finals. It did not stop there because I managed to get first place and it was the best feeling I ever gotten in my life. 

Besides that,the types of songs I sing.I have some favourite jazz standards, and I also have easy listening jazz and I also like many other song from various music genres such as Pop,Blues,Rock and R n B. The song I sing are often in a variety of occasions. My favourite artist are Celine Dion,Adele,Christina Aguilera,Whitney Houston, Lady Gaga, and so many more.Takes me forever to name them all. 

Seeking a golden opportunity is very difficult. I will maybe pursue my dream , but I make sure to have back-up as well.My motivation in this will be the wind beneath my wings that will move me to practice,move me to perform,move me to learn more and move me to keep going. I believe I can ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment